In October 2020, as a first step back towards meeting in person on site, we began The Malton Road Gathering. Getting together with people from beyond your own household is an essential part of church. One way to do this is in small groups in homes. Another option is to come to the Malton Road Gathering. At Malton Road we have some parts presented on screen and other parts presented live (including the talk).
Unfortunately it’s not yet a matter of “going back to old style church”. Singing is still off the agenda, and we need to keep our distance. But we can be in the building together, say prayers together, chat to people sitting nearby, and sit with a small group for morning tea afterwards.
The Malton Road Gathering continues at 9.30am until 24 January 2021. During January bookings are not required, and the cornerstone kids program is not running. (Kids are still welcome – BYO kids activities). From 31 January 2021 we resume live on-site church at 9am, 10.30am and 6.30pm each Sunday (with livestream for those who can’t come in person).When coming to the Malton Road Gathering, please
- Stay home if you’re unwell in any way
- Bring and wear a mask (not required for kids or those for whom masks are difficult)
- Bring your own Bible
- Check in and clean your hands on arrival
- Have a seat as soon as you arrive
- Have a seat for morning tea – you can move to a different seat but we need to minimise standing around in groups
- Follow the directions of our friendly team so that everyone stays safe and comfortable
You can watch a quick video tour of how it’s going to work.