1 Corinthians 15 is an inspiring chapter on the significance the resurrection of Jesus has on all humans. Part 1 of 3, in this series ‘The Resurrection’, focuses on the 2 essential elements of the gospel we preach, proclaim, believe and hold to firmly – that the crucified and raised Jesus together conquer sin and death (1 Corinthians 15:1-11).
What it proves…
- The resurrection of Jesus proves that Jesus really did defeat sin.
- The burial of Jesus proves he really did die, and that the tomb was really empty.
- That Jesus appeared to over 500 people grounds this event firmly in history.
- All this was planned by God, seen in the predictions of prophets recorded in the Old Testament.
What it means for us 2000 years later…
- God the Creator has declared Jesus Lord of everything!
- There is a real hope beyond the grave, because death is utterly defeated.
- Entrust your life, death and eternity to Jesus, because he’s the only one who has died, been buried, been raised and is still alive today.
Some words from Jesus…
I am the resurrection and the life! Anyone who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? JOHN 11:25-26
Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last, and the Living One. I was dead, but look—I am alive forever and ever, and I hold the keys of death and Hades. REVELATION 1:18