The WordPress user system controls what users can and cannot do on our website. This includes administrative tasks, writing content, approving content, plugin and theme management, and more.
The five default user roles are:
- Administrator – Has access to all administrative options and features.
- Editor – Can manage and publish posts. Traditionally, editors review posts submitted by contributors and then schedule them for review.
- Author – Can publish their own posts when they wish.
- Contributor – Can write posts but cannot publish them. Instead, they need to submit their posts for review.
- Subscriber – Has basic functionality such as changing their profile and leaving comments.
At All Saints there are limited Administrators, the ministerial team are mostly Editors and Authors, except the Senior Minister and the congregation are Subscribers.
Note these are different from the Ultimate Member roles.